Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu, sometimes called Panchatikta Guggulu Ghrita, is a commonly used ayurvedic medicine in the management of bone, and joints diseases. It can help to relieve the symptoms of gout. It can also be used in the treatment of muscular and skin diseases. The use of this medication has been found to be beneficial for the patients suffering from tuberculosis, asthma, cervical lymphadenitis and lymphadenopathy.
- Azadirachta Indica – Neem – 480 grams
- Tinospora Cordifolia – Giloy – 480 grams
- Trichosanthes Dioica – Patola – 480 grams
- Solanum Xanthocarpum – Kantakari – 480 grams
- Adhatoda Vasica – Vasaka – 480 grams
- Shuddha Guggulu – 240 grams
- Water for decoction – 24.456 Kg
- Cyclea Peltata – Patha – 12 grams
- Cow’s Ghee – 768 grams
- Cedrus Deodara – Devdaru – 12 grams
- Embelia Ribes – Vaividang – 12 grams
- Sarjikakshara – 12 grams
- Scindapsus Officinalis – Gajpippali – 12 grams
- Zingiber Officinale – Sonth – 12 grams
- Yavakshara – Alkali obtained from Hordeum Vulgare – 12 grams
- Anethum Graveolens – Soya – 12 grams
- Curcuma Longa – Turmeric – 12 grams
- Saussurea Lappa – Kushta – 12 grams
- Piper Chaba – Chavya – 12 grams
- Zanthoxylum Armatum – Tejovati – 12 grams
- Holarrhena Antidysenterica – Indrayava – 12 grams
- Piper Nigrum – Black Pepper – 12 grams
- Plumbago Zeylanica – Chitrak – 12 grams
- Cuminum Cyminum – Jeera – 12 grams
- Semecarpus Anacardium – Shuddha Bhilawa – 12 grams
- Picrorhiza Kurroa – Kutki – 12 grams
- Piper Longum roots – Piplamool – 12 grams
- Acorus Calamus – Vacha – 12 grams
- Aconitum Heterophyllum – Ativisha – 12 grams
- Rubia Cordifolia – Manjistha – 12 grams
- Terminalia Bellirica – Bibhitaki – 12 grams
- Terminalia Chebula – Haritaki – 12 grams
- Trachyspermum Ammi – Carom Seeds – 12 grams
- Emblica Officinalis – Amla – 12 grams
HOW IT WORKS
The herbal ingredients in Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu possess several medicinal properties. They act as an antioxidant, antipruritic, and demulcent agent. The neuroprotective, anti-rheumatic, and anti-arthritic properties of this medicine help in the management of neurological and bone disorders. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory, and analgesic agent, and provides relief from the disorders affecting the joints, bones, and the skin.
THINGS TO KNOW
Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu pacifies all the three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. It is mainly effective in the management of diseases caused due to the imbalance in the Vata and Pitta Dosha.
INDICATIONS & USES
- Skin Ulcers
- Cervical lymphadenitis & lymphadenopathy
The recommended dose of Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is 3 to 12 grams per day for adults. The daily recommended dose of this medicine for children is 1.5 to 6 grams. The maximum possible dose of Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is 2 grams to be taken as a single dose or in two equally divided doses.
This medicine should be taken on empty stomach in the morning, in the late afternoon, or early evening. The intake of food two hours before and one hour after taking the doses should be avoided.
BENEFITS & EFFECTIVENESS
Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is used for the treatment of joint diseases such as gout and osteoarthritis. It can also help to provide relief from the respiratory disorders such as asthma, and tuberculosis. The regular use of this medication can help to relieve the symptoms of several skin diseases.
Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu can help in the management of joint diseases such as gout and arthritis. The anti-inflammatory and analgesic actions of this medicine can help to reduce pain in the joints. It can also reduce swelling and inflammation in the affected joints and protect them from future wear and tear. (1)
The use of Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu can help in relieving the symptoms of acute and chronic pulmonary disorders. It can be used by asthma patients to minimize the frequency of the attacks of breathlessness. It can also prevent tumors in the respiratory system.
Respiratory infections such as tuberculosis, cough, and sinusitis can also be treated well by using this medication. It can help to treat cervical lymphadenitis and lymphadenopathy caused due to the infections in the respiratory tract. (2)
Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu can be used for the treatment of skin disorders such as dermatitis and eczema. It can be used for the faster healing of wounds, ulcers, and abscesses. (3)
It can help to regulate the response of the immune system. Hence, it is also used for treating allergic diseases such as dermatitis, and eczema as well as autoimmune disorders like psoriasis.
SAFETY & TOXICOLOGY
Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is safe when taken in the recommended dosage. There are no known side effects of this medicine. The use of Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu must be avoided by the pregnant and lactating women.